COVID-19: The Guide to Wearing a Face Mask Safely
COVID-19 virus is all we can talk about right now. As it is getting momentum worldwide, the research on its vaccine continues too. The holy grails against this lethal virus: Wearing a face mask, washing/sanitizing hands frequently, maintaining social distancing.
There are several types of masks available in the market, and you should be aware of who is supposed to wear which mask.
By now, most of you must have in-depth knowledge about COVID-19 and how to avoid getting it. Now let"s talk about other issues related to this virus and its precautionary measures.
One of the common issues being faced by the general public is mask management.
According to WHO, the guidelines of do"s and don"ts of wearing a non-medical fabric mask:
- Clean your hands before touching the mask
- Inspect the mask for damage or if dirty
- Adjust the mask to your face without leaving gaps on the sides
- Cover your nose, mouth, and chin
- Avoid touching the mask
- Clean your hands before removing the mask
- Remove the mask by the straps behind the ears or head
- Pull the mask away from your face
- Store the mask in a clean plastic bag if it is not dirt or if you plan to reuse it
- Remove the mask by the straps when taking it out of the bag
- Wash the mask in soap or detergent, preferably with hot water, at least once a day
- Clean your hands after removing the mask
- Don‘t use a mask that looks damaged
- Don‘t wear a loose mask
- Don‘t wear the mask under your nose
- Don‘t remove the mask where there are people within 1 meter
- Don‘t use a mask that is difficult to breathe through
But with an ocean of options for face masks, how would one choose the best and effective of them all? We have the answer: ECO Airmask!
A little more about ECO Airmask:
- Self-sanitizing: Unique anti-microbial technology filtration layers that block out more than 99.9% of viruses and instantly kill infection-causing germs.
- Anti-microbial: Based on BluFenz technology that eliminates viruses and bacterias such as H1Ni1, Sars-CoV-1, and Sars-CoV-2.
- Comfort-fit and stretchability: Adjustable nose bridge, stretchable fabric, and earloops, with an exhalation valve for breathability.
- Reusable and eco-friendly: Made with a 100% pure cotton fabric, washable to multiple times (up to 100 times), and suitable for reuse.
- Scientifically tested: ECO Airmask is scientifically tested for various standards by Intertek, India & South India Textile Research Association ( SITRA).
- Zero COVID waste: With the introduction of PPEs, the amount of trash harming our environment has peaked. But since ECO Airmask is eco-friendly, it doesn"t contribute to COVID waste.
The about guide on mask management applies to ECO Airmask as well.
Remember: Wearing a mask sends out a positive message. The reason why we are saying this is because masks worn by front-line workers have already become a symbol of bravery, stamina, and heroism.
Gradually masks are becoming a symbol of re-emerging from isolation, of reuniting, and of an understanding of how much we are all in this together.
Now that the virus is likely to stay with us for a while, while we wait for a vaccine to come out soon, we must understand the truth that by wearing a face mask we are shaping a better tomorrow.
#MaskUp with ECO Airmask!